Join us for our May 3rd, 2021 webinar with FSI, where we will discuss Representative Agreements.
Get your affairs in order. Learn about the essential legal documents in BC to plan for incapacity and end-of-life. This presentation will provide an overview of Representation Agreements and Enduring Powers of Attorney. How can you plan for incapacity and other support needs? Learn about Representation Agreements – the only legal document in BC to plan for health care and personal care matters. What do they mean for adults and their families? Enduring Powers of Attorney or a Representation Agreement with authority for routine finances are legal documents in BC adults may use to plan for incapacity, end-of-life, and other support needs. If there are no arrangements in place, adults can lose their rights through adult guardianship, called Committeeship in BC. Find out how adult guardianship is the LAST RESORT in BC.
– Differentiating between a section 7 vs. section 9 Representation Agreement
– Differentiating a Representation Agreement from a Power Of Attorney
– Understanding the relevance and importance of capacity to develop the referenced documents –
– What is Private Committeeship and what does it involve
– Learning steps that families can take to avoid the need for Private Committeeship.
Facilitators: Ken Kramer Q.C. and Audrey Jun
Family Support Institute of BC (FSI) is a provincial not-for-profit society committed to supporting families who have a family member with a disability.
FSI is unique in Canada and the only grass roots family to family organization that has a broad volunteer base.
FSI SUPPORTS AND SERVICES ARE FREE TO ANY FAMILY
Register Here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0qcOioqjsiH91CvangBPuWMERKrHx8Wn7_
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.